- Autonomy - While part of LAUSD, Pilot Schools have increased control over their own resources. Pilot Schools are granted five key areas of autonomy: budget, staffing, schedule, governance, and curriculum and assessment.
- Accountability - Pilot Schools are held to higher levels of accountability in exchange for increased autonomy.
- Small Size - Pilot Schools are small in size in order to facilitate students and adults knowing each other well. Pilot Schools work to create nurturing environments in which staff attend to the learning needs of all students.
- Commitment to Equity - Pilot Schools serve all students and their enrollment reflects district demographics. Pilot Schools are committed to continually examining student data to ensure effective practice that supports student achievement.
- Personalized - Teachers know students and support them in achieving their best.
- Academic - Focus on college and career preparation. All students take an A-G curriculum.
- Engaging - Schoolwork is connected to real world learning though projects and internships.
Benefits for Parents
- Safe - Pilot Schools have nurturing environments where teachers care about students.
- Inclusive - Parents are active members of the school community.
- Equitable - Every student is supported to meet high standards and achieve academic success.
Benefits for Teachers and Staff